Remembering Kendrick Castillo
Kim takes a moment to honor Kendrick Castillo. This young man gave his life so his classmates could live. It’s the sort of sacrifice we connect to wars. Are our schools now becoming battlegrounds? What can we do to keep them safer?
Steven Kessler talks about the importance of the Electoral College
Steven Kessler has a heartfelt appreciation for the conservative founders and libertarian ideals that built the framework for our young country. In today’s show, Kessler talks about the importance of the Electoral College. The Electoral College is under threat by the National Popular Vote Act. For those looking to recall this piece of flawed legislation, attend Stand for Colorado and sign the petition:
“Colorado has a strong referendum system where voters can block implementation of a bill passed by the General Assembly. Mesa County Commissioner Rose Pugliese and Monument Mayor Don Wilson filed a petition with the Secretary of State to block implementation of SB 42 and the National Popular Vote in Colorado. We have 90 days to collect 200,000 signatures to put this question on the November 2020 ballot. If we collect enough signatures, the National Popular Vote law will be blocked from implementation in Colorado until all Coloradans can vote on it directly in November 2020. If we beat the National Popular Vote in 2020, then Colorado cannot participate in the National Popular Vote Agreement.” Learn more at www.coloradansvote.org
All Speakers Confirmed for Stand for Colorado
Stand for Colorado is tomorrow, Friday, May 10th. In today’s show Kim talks about each speaker and the topic they will be speaking on. From standforcolorado.com:
“If you support Colorado’s Constitution, the U.S. Constitution and believe in freedom of thought, private property rights, parental choice, economic well-being, good jobs and smaller, less intrusive and oppressive government, then YOU STAND FOR COLORADO! Right before our eyes, state legislators who DO NOT STAND FOR COLORADO are creating and passing laws that are in violation of all these very important things, and more! They are passing legislation, rules, and regulations that:
- Make it more difficult and more expensive for everyday Coloradans to live in our state
- Promote radical agendas that will turn us into a welfare state
- Will cause companies to leave which will place a financial burden on all of us
We all know that there’s no such thing as a free lunch! Someone has to pay and it will be all of us! The government does not create one job or generate one red cent!
Hardworking, every day, folks seldom “do” rallies. Let’s SEND A MESSAGE to the out of control politicians, bureaucrats, and governor, that we are WATCHING, we CARE and we are CONCERNED about our state. Politicians, bureaucrats and the governor will be meeting over this summer and fall to double down on the bad stuff that was passed this last legislative session.
- Pastor Christine Uwizera-Coleman—Survivor of the Rwandan Genocide. Invocation.
- Don Wilson—Mayor of Monument-National Popular Vote, SB19-042
- Barbara Kirkmeyer—Weld County Commissioner-Oil and Gas Law, SP19-181
- Sheriff Steve Reams—Weld County Sheriff, The Red Flag Law, HB19-1177
- Giuliana Day—Concerned Citizen-Organizer Against the Hypersexualization of Our Children Law, HB19-1032. Let kids be kids!
- Amy Oliver Cooke—Executive Vice-President, Independence Institute-Energy-The Assault on Affordable, Efficient & Reliable Energy.
- Heather Lahdenpera—Concerned Mother-Forced Vaccinations of Our Children, HB19-1312
- Sue Sharkey—Chair, CU Board of Regents-Higher Education in Colorado
- Natalie Menten—RTD Board Director-Assault on TABOR, the Taxpayers Bill of Rights
- Heidi Ganahl—CU Regent, Free Speech on Campus
- Brita Horn—Former Elected County Treasurer, Raid by Colorado of Personal Uncollected Funds
- Tina Francone—Former Jefferson County Commissioner & Former RTD Board Director, Air Quality Rules, Regulations & Laws
- Susan Kochevar—Entrepreneur and Owner of the Historic 88 Drive In Theater-Forced Minimum Wage and Unfriendly Laws, Rules & Regulations
- Deb Flora—Salem Media Group-Parental Rights
- Jan Cook—Co-Founder, Get Er Done Right Colorado, Forced Voter Registration, SB19-235
- Patti Kurgan—Former Member-Pay Equity Commission, FAMLI Leave Bill, SB19-188
- Kim Gilmartin— Charter School Parent
- Helen Raleigh— Author & Speaker, Immigration
- Carol Baker—Pharmacist, Prescription Drugs
- Kim Monson—Radio Show Host of The Americhicks with Kim Monson, Transportation
- Lesley Hollywood—Founder and Executive Director, Rally for Our Rights, Red Flag Law
- Grady Birdsong—Marine Vietnam Veteran, Author, Coopers Troopers, Veterans Issues
- Nicolle Martin—Attorney, Defender of Religious Freedom
- Kim Ransom—Colorado State Representative, Citizen, Affordable, Effective and Reliable Healthcare options
Go to standforcolorado.com for complete information and please register if you plan on attending. We look forward to seeing you tomorrow!